Monday, June 26, 2006

I Went to a Gardner Party

Introduction: For those of you unfamiliar with the Ricky Nelson song, ask your parents, or check here for original lyrics. I went to a Gardner Party to fellowship with all my friends; a chance to share our "one good things" and sing the psalms again.

When I got to the Gardner Party, Malachi wouldn't come. He just eyed me warily, and went on sucking his thumb.

CHORUS:

But it's all right now, I learned my lesson you bet. Don't sit next to Malachi unless you want your lap wet.

People came from Lawrence Park. Everyone was there. Olympia brought her "My Little Pony". There was whinnying in the air.

And over in the corner, Lilly laughed with Grandpa B. Josh & Adiel's little darling is a sight to see.

CHORUS

Elijah and Patty are engaged. Wedding plans are being made. Will the cake topper be Sponge Bob or a traditional floral cascade?

Tom and Elizabeth spoke of swordplay. Brad looked amazed. Sharp Oriental weapons make me want to run away.

CHORUS

If you get a chance to attend a Gardner Party, you'll experience lots of love and fun. But if Malachi picks up a glass I suggest you run.

1 comment:

Adiel said...

I LOVE IT!!!
You're never going to let Malachi live that one down, huh? :o)