Thursday, June 29, 2006

For Women's Eyes Only

WARNING: If there are any men in my vast blog audience, I advise you to stop reading here. The following topic will not interest you and might give you more info than you ever really wanted to know.

You may have heard of good/bad hair days, good/bad makeup days, good/bad wardrobe days, etc. In the last ten days I experienced two new type of days. I'll begin with the good...I had a "Good Bra Day".

I bought a new bra the other day. I purchased it at a place called "Braserie Dearie", whose sole commodity is undergarments. I had a professional bra fitting and the bra I got fits perfectly. Since wearing it, I feel taller and more confident. I remember an episode of the TV series "Designing Women" where one of the characters, an eccentric older woman whose eccentricities were ascribed to a "circulatory problem", was having a great day where all her synapses were firing. She credited this to her new push-up bra, which was increasing her circulation. I felt that way today. It's been one of my most productive days in months!

Now, the bad...I had a "Bad Underwear Day" about a week ago. And not your normal creeping or twisting underwear problem. Allow me to explain.

I was getting dressed for work and only had one pair of clean underwear in the drawer. They were a pair with high cut legs, that I don't really like much and only wear when they're the only drawers in the drawer. I put them on and found they were more uncomfortable than usual; but they were the only clean ones I had so I figured I'd just have to suffer for the day. It wasn't until I was pulling up my pantyhose that I realized the source of the discomfort...the crotch was at my hip. I'd put them on not backwards, not inside out, but sideways? Truly this was one for the books. Or at least my blog!

So, am the only one or can anyone else relate?

3 comments:

Raquel said...

I have put underwear on sideways before, and the only thing more uncomfortable that comes to mind is the time I had to wear a wet bra. That was...ungood. Double-plus ungood, even.

Gabrielle said...

No, I have never put underwear on sideways, but I did have a bra unclasp while I was at somebody's house. I had to make a quick dash for the bathroom to ascertain why everything felt so... loose all of a sudden. And just the other day the drawstring to my pants came loose as I was walking through a store. My clothes just can't seem to stick with me for a whole day it seems.

Adiel said...

Last week the laundry wasn't getting done (for obvious reasons) and so I had a couple of bad underwear days in a row. Yuck!
And I have to agree with Raquel that anything to do with wet undergarments is extremely unpleasant.

Barb, it's always nice to know that I can count on you to bring up those topics that everyone experiences and no one talks about. Thanks- I think. :o)