Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Glance in the Mirror

The other day when I came home from work, I was fuming! I was upset with my staff and my coworkers. Despite their umpteen years of experience they continued to perform tasks the easy way - their way, not the correct way. After a 1-1/2 years of encouraging, cajoling and directing them, they still did not listen to me - their boss. And I was seeing red. It was at that point the Spirit reminded me that despite my umpteen years as a Christian, I continue to perform things my way. Despite His years of encouraging, cajoling and directing me, I still do not listen to Him - THE BOSS. Oops. Seeing my own reflection in the actions of my employees does not condone or justify their actions. Nor does it require me to ignore their shortcomings. I have a responsibility to my employer to manage our department properly and address their perfomance issues. Even if it means they can "throw things back in my face". But this incident reminds me of:
  • God's amazing ability to take every moment of my life to sanctify me
  • The tremendous responsibilty I feel being the boss is overseen and carried by God; I need only obey.
  • Life is full of "Oops's", but God forgives; and His is an example of how I'm to react to my staff.

1 comment:

Adiel said...

I didn't like this post because it reminded me of MY sin! Really, Barb, can't you just stick to the funny posts? Well, you did throw some of God's grace and mercy in there so I guess I'll let it slide just this once. ;o)