Friday, January 20, 2006

Erosion

My days seem to be so much of the same. Monday through Friday I work. Monday and Wednesday evenings I have class. Tuesday nights are Bible Study and Sunday is church. Somewhere between all these items I take care of dogs, clean, grocery shop, etc.

As I progress through each week, I feel the ground under me slowly give way, steadily eroding. I'm in more than a rut or a gully; more like a crevice with ever rising walls around me.

Where is the way out? What manner of "excitement" can energize me to climb up and away from this pit?

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Okay, this sounds dumb, but I found it helped with the monotone of life. Start something like sourdough or keffer. Something that you have to watch and that will give you something in the end. I really enjoyed making sourdough and seeing how long I could keep it going and how much I could do with it. And if you don't want to eat sourdough make something and give it away. There, two highes for the price of one.

Barb said...

Your comment isn't dumb. In fact, I've been mulling over it for a few days. Not that I haven't mulled over dumb things before, but this isn't one of them.

However, the conclusion I've come to is that sourdough was not an apt comparison. It's not "the monotone of life" but an active part. Just as you pointed out, there's something to look forward to in the end.

But your comment, though not a direct comparison, gave me some insight as to the problem...at this time, I don't have anything to look forward to. I think I need to schedule something - like maybe an ice cream lunch with a friend visiting from out-of-state??? Or meeting a new friend (that would be you, Raquel).

Raquel said...

It's always convenient when you can schedule the meeting of new friends ahead of time. :-) I'm looking forward to Erie trip. I would expect the idea of meeting so many strangers to scare me more than it does--but then y'all aren't really all strangers...