Sunday, December 25, 2005

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

At tonight's Christmas Eve service, the sermon was about how Jesus died FOR ME; that even if I were the only sinner, He still would have come and died FOR ME.

I don't understand this. I'm having trouble comprehending and personalizing this.

Since I was born, I've heard that Jesus died for sinners, but that makes me just one of billions. In my family, I know I'm loved, but I'm one of four children. I've never dated or been in any relationship, so the idea of being that special to someone is foreign to me.

So how am I supposed to learn and grasp this?

1 comment:

Raquel said...

I have something of the same problem. I only sort of get it, and what I get is rather frightening thought, so I tend to back away from it.

"But there is forgiveness with you that you may be feared."

Infinite love is not a comfortable thought.