Monday, September 05, 2005

Vacation

I had last week off from work. I can tell when a vacation was good by how anxious I am to go back to work. I'd say this one ranks a 7 out of 10. I didn't get done all the things I'd planned, but I slept in, read some books, took naps. One of the items on my "To Do" list was to get organized. Maybe not everything, but at least get a start. But I didn't do any of that. I didn't do one organizational activity the entire week. Part of me is relieved I didn't because I just used the time off to relax and regroup. I've only been at this job for 17 months and this is the first week-long vacation I've taken. Other than that, I've had a day or two here and there. It's been a long and stressful 17 months and I needed this time to "veg". My work, my emotions, my physical well-being - all of me was starting to suffer from the stress. I only hope this vacation was enough and my work performance will improve.

No comments: