Wednesday, September 07, 2005

SWCF

SWCF - It's in the title of my Blog and it looks like a singles ad, but that was not the intent. It was just an abbreviation of the highlights of who I am. These are not listed in any particular order of importance, however. I'm single, I'm white, I'm Christian, and I'm female. But it still looks like a singles ad, which is the topic of this blog. I don't particularly like dating/matching services - I'm a romantic at heart. And I absolutely DESPISE them in the Christian realm. Why, you ask? Because they take God out of the picture and put it all in the hands of man, psychological tests, or ...gasp...a computer! Often I hear of Christians saying they met via this method and I try to smile, be diplomatic, tactful, etc. When they try to encourage me to take the same route, I politely say although it's ok for them, it's not my style. But honestly, I don't believe it's ok for them, either. One might say that they are trusting God to work through the computer, etc but I don't think that's true. I think it's more like loneliness and desperation driving them to something other than God's methods. I confess that there have been times that I've been lonely and desperate enough to want to know what my romantic future held that I've tempted to call the Psychic Friends Hotline or something like that just to hear an audible voice tell me that there was a soulmate out there for me if I would just be patient. But why pay $3.99/minute when I have a book written by my Creator, my Soulmate, my Bridegroom filled with promises and love letters. And so I wait...but patience is still a problem.

No comments: