Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My Apologies to Robert Frost

My friend and I were walking in the woods talking, laughing, sharing our dreams and hopes. We came upon a fork in the path. Each of us was ordained to take different paths, but it was ok because our paths ran parallel for awhile. We could still see each other through the brush and the trees. We could still carry on conversations, although at times it was a little more difficult to hear each other. Sometimes our paths crossed again and sometimes they wound away from each other, but we were still close enough to know the other was nearby. Recently, though, these times are fewer and far between. We don't catch sight of each other very often; we can't hear each other as well. Sometimes our paths are hard travelling which leave us out of breath and unable to speak, anyway. I look ahead at my path and I don't see any twists or turns in her direction anytime soon. I know our paths converge again at heaven's gates. But I wish we could do more than catch a glimpse of each other. It would be nice to find a nice cabin to have a short rest, meaningful conversation and cups of hot tea.

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Amen. I hate goodbyes. Sometimes I wish we could make final, lasting goodbyes and then we would only have to mourn once, but we come in contact with what we have left to one degree or another and when we seperate again we have to mourn again. Is the brief return to what we have loved worth the sorrow? Whenever I go back to Erie I ask myself this question.

Adiel said...

Great analogy, Barb. I ,too have lost sight of friends along the way. It stinks. But in His mercy God has left a few friends for me and given me some new ones.


P.S. How dare you not mention this blog to me on Sunday! I'm left to discover it through Gaby and Raquel's blog. [grumbling] ;o)