Monday, September 26, 2005

Out of the Mouth of Babes

I’ve been a Christian longer than my friend, Gabrielle (age 19-3/4), has been alive. But when I recently expressed my concerns about my progress on the career ladder taking me further from my dreams, she reminded me “my God is so big”. Though it seems I’m moving further away, my God, the Creator of time and space, the Creator of the universe and all that is in it, controls my steps, including the speed and distance between my desires and their final fulfillment. My mind and imagination are limited; restrained by human reasoning and a mortal body. If I truly believe and trust God and His word, then I will believe that His desires for me far exceed anything I can dream up myself. Thank you my friend, for your encouragement and faith. And then there other words from babes… As I was singing the song “My God is So Big” (body motions, included) with my preschool Sunday School class, 4-1/2 year old Timothy laughed and said “Miss Barb, when you do the strong part, your arms jiggle”. Reminder to myself – wear long sleeves to Sunday School.

No comments: