Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Homeless





















My neighbor
Discovered evidence
Of some critter
Living behind his shed.

He blocked off
The space between
The house and the shed
With a piece of scrap lumber.

Tonight,
When I let Lucy out
We noticed a possum standing there
Where the space used to be.

She (I imagine it as a “she”)
Looked confused, puzzled
Wondering what had happened
To what had once been her home.

She was blocked,
No longer welcome.
And my heart ached for her.
I understood what she was feeling.

Photo by Eric Ward on Unsplash

1 comment:

Melinda Viergever Inman said...

This is poignant. I'm so sorry you felt that way at that moment. You're not blocked. The Lord opens wide doors he wants you to pass through and presents challenges for you to conquer. Rooting for you!