Sunday, October 13, 2019

Qavah



Wait expectantly?
I’ve been waiting
On pins and needles
For decades.

How many years
Did Sarah wait?
How many times
Did Hannah plead her case?

I’ve been waiting.
On pins and needles.
For decades.

The pins feel sharper now. 
The needles pierce my heart
To the point of shedding blood.

But you already know about that,
Don’t you?
Being pierced,
Shedding blood.

So, I’ll wait some more
On painful pins and needles.
On You will I wait
For You to keep Your promise.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. We can feel it with you.

Elisabeth said...

Dear Barb,

Your article at the Gospel Coalition was cathartic, and I so appreciate your willingness to write it! I'd love to chat with you by email, if you're available.

Barb said...

Thank you for your comments.

Miss Elizabeth said...

Dear Barb,

I read your article on the TGC women's newsletter and now this poem. I'm so sorry that you are suffering so much and I'm very grateful for your faith. I know there is no pat answer that I could have to help you, but I want you to know that I'm praying for His comfort for you.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Allan