Friday, August 20, 2010

Intelligent Life in the Kennel

I awake at 2 am needing to go to the bathroom. The dogs are in a deep sleep around me, evidenced by their loud snoring. I gently extricate myself from the sheets, blankets and dogs, so as not to disturb them. I ease myself up from the mattress, letting sleeping dogs lie. Tiptoeing across the floor, I listen carefully verifying that they remain in their sweet canine slumber uninterrupted.  I continue about my business. I’m gone no more than two minutes, tops. When I return, the dogs, still snoring, have soundlessly moved in to MY recently vacated spot on the bed.

How do they do that?

2 comments:

Em said...

If nature abhors a vaccuum, then that must apply to pets, too! Gave me a good laugh, Barb, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Barb, this is so funny :D I am not sure how they did it, but I am sure they did it because they love you :)