Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Belated Birthday Wish

Yesterday was my blog's 2nd birthday. And in my true fashion, I'm a day late in wishing it a happy birthday.

I've enjoyed my blogging experience. It's given me a forum to share my stories and to express myself. Blogging has challenged my writing abilities. Prior to this, my writing talents had been confined to memos and policies where my vocabulary is limited to what the average hospital worker can understand.

The title of this blog was suggested to me back in high school, where my English teacher enjoyed my humor. She suggested I write a book and call it Barb's Best (she especially liked my puns). Well, 28 years post-high school and I'm not on the NY Times Best Seller List. But some people I like and admire have my blog linked to theirs. What's the NY Times know, anyhow?

Happy Birthday, Barb's Best! You've now entered the Terrible Two's.

4 comments:

Raquel said...

Happy blogiversary! I'd sing, but no one would want that. :-)

Gabrielle said...

Happy blogiversary to you! Happy blogiversary to you! Happy blogiversary, dear Barb's Beeeeeeest! Happy blogiversary to you!

And many more!

Anonymous said...

Now is when you really have to watch out for your blog getting into things, engaging in more creative forms of mischief, realizing that it has ways of exercising some control over your actions and being more demanding, and asking a WHOLE lot of questions. It's almost as hard as taking care of dogs. But not quite. At least with a blog, you can close the window when you're worn out. Just remember -- don't give it ANYTHING in response to whining.

Barb said...

AND, at two it's still not potty trained!