Wednesday, June 20, 2007

It's a Book Thing

Check out this cool site, Library Thing. You can catalog up to 200 books from your own private library for free. A paid subscription allows you to catalog an unlimited number of books.

There's a feature that compares your library to that of other members, makes recommendations for books that you don't have (is that even possible for some of my blog audience???), allows you to write reviews and many other features.

Part of me suspects this is a "right/left-wing conspiracy" to collect information about me to be used during some future coup attempt and add me to an Enemy of the State list. But truly, when they look at my library, I'm sure they'll pass me buy. Just how threatening is a person reading "Leslie Linsley's Weekend Decorating" and "150 Ways to Play Solitare"?

1 comment:

Raquel said...

Unfortunately my library is far less unthreatening. While it ranges as far Jane Austen and Richard Scarry on the conservative side, it has such frightening as right-wing ultra conservative books as Ayn Rand, Gary North and an anonymous pamphlet on 20 survival items you can build yourself. I think I had best stay far, far away from this "library thing". :-)
I wonder sometimes what the librarians think of the range of books that I check out...