Thursday, June 22, 2006

I'm Fenced In

...and loving it. I had the fence in my backyard replaced last week. The previous fence was about 40-50 years old, rusted through in spots, and only encompassed 2 of the 3 sides of my backyard. Therefore, I was unable to let the dogs roam free. I would put them on a long tie out cable, but they would get tangled up (especially around my ankles), knock things over (quite often ME), and just be inconvenienced and an inconvenience.

With this new fence, they are discovering corners of the yard they've never sniffed (and other unmentionable practices) before. And they aren't knocking over the table and chairs anymore. This used to be a big problem, especially when I was sitting in said chair.

Though it seems a contridiction in terms, this fence has allowed all of us freedom we didn't have before.

1 comment:

james3v1 said...

A profound truth in action.

Thanks for sharing the news!