Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Why I Blog - Part II

My life and many of my relationships are quite compartmentalized. There's my professional life, my family, friends, church, neighbors, and classmates, to name some. Although some of these relationships intersect (some friends and church, for instance) there are still lines drawn around many. Therefore, many of my conversations are compartmentalized, as well (except for my dogs - I speak about them to everyone...whether people want to hear or not). Here on my blog, I'm free to discuss whatever topic I want. I don't have to worry if people are interested in what I have to say. If they aren't interested in my thoughts, they don't have to read. Additionally, maybe this blog will open up some borders and develop deeper relationships. I might also develop new friends and acquaintances , should my audience grow.

1 comment:

Adiel said...

Good reasons, Barb. One reason I like reading your blog (aside from the zany Barb humor) is that you talk about things that don't come up in conversations after church. I'm getting to know you better- and I still like you! Keep on writing.